Fundamentals of Vibration for Portables
This two day foundation course teaches the basics of vibration monitoring and maintenance strategies. Participants learn key vibration terminology, the parameters and units used to measure vibration motion, and the principles of vibration transducer operation. Workshops include identifying amplitude, frequency, and phase from timebase and spectrum plots.
*This course is only taught in the United States.
Duration: 2 days
- Technicians with limited experience on vibration machinery
- Technicians working on vibration control with condition monitoring programs
- Engineers involved in condition monitoring
- Technicians in preventive maintenance
- Explain basic vibration principles and terminology.
- Identify key components and describe vibration motion in a measurement plane.
- Define the parameters used to measure vibration motion and state the units used to express each parameter.
- Explain how specific machinery faults are detected.
- Read values of amplitude, frequency, phase and recognize sources of vibration indicated by waveform and spectrum plots.
- Types of maintenance and pros/cons of each type
- Ways to increase reliability
- Basic description of vibration analysis
- Units of vibration
- FFT process
- Trending/spectral/continuous analysis
- Synchronous/nonsynchronous/sub-synchronous vibrations
- Understanding patterns of vibration
- Load zones to increase reliability
- Ranges, resolutions and averages
- Points and markers
- Setup parameters
- P/F curve
- 4 key elements
- 12 steps for success
- Advice and examples from the field
Location: Russian Federation, Fun of Vib for Portables
Start date: Nov 19th, 2020
Duration: 2 days
Please click directly on a session to register.