ISO 18436 Category II Intermediate Vibration Analyst
This course provides the ISO 18436 Category II certification.
Students will explore the condition monitoring technologies, learn how machines work and how to select the correct measurement and the optimum settings, and discover how a well-designed program and a reliability centered maintenance approach improve the bottom line. The course will cover the analysis of vibration spectra, time waveforms, envelope and phase measurements. Students will diagnose and learn how to balance and align a machine and correct a resonance condition.
Duration: 5 days
- Engineers analyzing a range of fault conditions
- Engineers willing to understand balancing and alignment
- Engineers desiring to learn about machinery vibration diagnostic
- Whoever willing to get certified to international standards (ISO-18436)
- Understand how a well-designed program and a reliability centered maintenance approach improve the bottom line.
- Discover the condition monitoring technologies.
- Learn how machines work and how to select the correct measurement and the optimum settings.
- Analyze vibration spectra, time waveforms, enveloppe, and phase measurements.
- Diagnose and learn how to balance and align a machine and correct a resonance condition.
- Review of maintenance practices
- Review of condition monitoring technologies
- Principles of vibration: review of basics, waveform, spectrum (FFT), phase and orbits
- Understanding signals: modulation, beating, sum/diIerence
- Data acquisition
- Signal processing
- Vibration spectrum analysis
- An introduction to time waveform analysis
- An introduction to orbit analysis
- Phase analysis: bubble diagrams and ODS
- Enveloping (demodulation), shock pulse, spike energy
- Fault analysis
- Equipment testing and diagnostics including impact testing (bump tests) and phase analysis
- Corrective action
- Running a successful condition monitoring program
- Acceptance testing
- Review of ISO standards