This high level, multi-instructor-led course gives participants a deep understanding of balancing methods and confidence with hands-on practice on test rotors.
- Machinery diagnosticians
- Startup engineers
- Remote diagnostic center specialists
Duration: 3 to 5 days
- Conduct effective balancing of machine trains in the field: calculation of trials, evaluation of results, and decision making.
- Select a strategy that ensures minimum disruption costs and proper data quality.
- Use calculation tools the most applicable to situation, evaluate inputs and outputs and recalculate be-tween balancing methods and data conventions.
- Effectively supervise solution weights installation and troubleshooting data integrity problems using a deeper understanding of the balancing process.
Course Level: Machinery Diagnostics
Course Focus: Reliability & Diagnostics
- Unbalance and other malfunctions with similar symptoms
- Make the decision, select the strategy
- Ensure the repeatability and minimize non-linearity
- Trial weight calculations
- Basic calculations and conventions
- Vector operations
- Locating the position of unbalance
- Finding angular location on a rotor
- Single Plane Balancing with Workshop
- Static/Couple Balancing with Workshop
- Influence Vector Method (multiplane) Balancing
- Bently BalanceTM
- Introduction and data acquisition process
- Configuration and importing data
- Calculations and solution evaluation
- Workshop: balancing in two planes, using Bently Balance*
- Relation between static/couple and influence vector methods
- Workshop: influence vectors – import, export, recal-culation between methods
- Balancing for compromise conditions.
- Evaluation of balancing quality, balancing report
- Workshop/Examination – multiple planes balancing