This course helps new machinery diagnosticians gain knowledge and confidence. Experienced diagnosticians gain additional insight needed to efficiently solve complex machinery problems. Participants will practice their diagnostics skills on real machines and become more proficient in using System 1 or ADRE systems.
- Engineers and technicians involved in the analysis and interpretation of vibration data
- New machinery diagnosticians who want to gain knowledge and confidence
- Experienced diagnostics people willing to gain additional insight needed to efficiently solve complex machinery problems
Duration: 5 days
- Practice on different rotating machine types and review of typical malfunctions associated.
- Analyze actual machine case histories using System 1* or ADRE databases.
- Organize data in plot formats believed to be indicative of the machinery fault.
- Present conclusions and make recommendations to solve complex machinery problems.
- Identify typical malfunctions and conduct diagnosis on real machine data from the field.
Course Level: Machinery Diagnostics
Course Focus: Reliability & Diagnostics
- Lose parts
- Preload and misalignment
- Shaft crack
- Thermal unbalance
- Coupling lockup
- Steam turbines
- Gas turbines
- Centrifugal compressors
- Gear boxes