Participants learn to use the System 1 software in a variety of practical daily use situations. Workshops demonstrate how the platform can be used efficiently to minimize time spent looking at nonsignificant data, and to focus on the information that is needed to make good management decisions. The course can be tailored to specific asset types: hydro, wind, reciprocating compressors, motors, turbines, compressors, and other machinery.
- Reliability engineers
- Condition monitoring engineers
- Engineers involved in preventive maintenance
Duration: 3-5 days
- Use various System 1* software tools and plots to detect subtle changes in asset condition.
- Retrieve and display data in bar graphs and various plot formats.
- View alarms and events in the event manager.
- Enter observations and notes with the journal editor. Use DOCUVIEW* to create links to various reference documents.
- Create reports on monitored plant assets.
- Gain a practical understanding of how our communication processors such as TDI or TDXnet™ collect transient data.
Course Level: Machinery Diagnostics
Course Focus: Reliability & Diagnostics
- System 1* overview
- Viewing information with System 1* display
- Event Manager and Asset Active Alarm in System 1* display
- Customizing trend plots
- Vibration signal fundamentals
- Introduction to plot sessions and plot groups
- Working with plot sessions and plot groups
- Shaft centerline plots
- Plotting dynamic data and using collection groups
- Collecting data in transient mode
- System 1* asset information storage
- System 1* administrative tasks